Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Dog Obedience Training Book Review

Obedience Training is one of the best things you can do for your dog or puppy... and yourself. Obedience training doesn't solve all behavior problems, but it is the foundation for solving just about any problem. Training opens up a line of communication between you and your dog. Effective communication is necessary to instruct your dog about what you want him to do. You can teach him anything from 'stay' to 'sit'.

If you are looking for a home dog obedience training course, I highly recommend secret to dog training by Daniel Stevens as I have a lot of success with it.

If you have a new puppy, you really want to get it off to a great start, by training it correctly. A well trained dog says so much about its owner, and makes life with your new pet a breeze!

When I got my puppy 'tiny' she was like any exciteable young dog. Being a corgi, a breed known for being hard to train well, I knew I had to get off on the right foot and get her trained 100% right.

Having experienced dogs before, I knew that I could do it all myself. I wanted to prove I could train my dog as good as any puppy school! I had been recommended the book 'Secrets to dog training' by author Daniel Stephens, and after breifly reading the website (and the usual sales talk) I made the executive decision to purchase the program.....

I straight away knew I had made a great decision. Secrets to dog training is so well laid out, and offers a myriad of techniques, a training plan and dog breed specific tips and techniques. In fact, 261 pages and 5 bonus e-books are included!

One area which really helped me excel with Tiny, was helping her to stop chewing. She had an absolute fetish with chewing shoes, cellphones, remotes, handbags, furniture and even the wooden doors. With the help of the dedicated ebook on dog chewing, I redirected Tiny's desire to chew in a way that I never would have considered, and saved a small fortune on replacement gear for the house!

"You will be blown away!"

In addition, there is great advice for becoming the 'alpha dog' as a dog owner. This advanced, yet proven technique initiates respect for you, from your dog, in ways that defy common belief.
It what is taught in police and sight dog training, and Daniel has adapted and condensed this into a easily learnt format for domestic pets. You will be blown away.

This is why I really recommend Daniel Stephens book, because it helps you to quickly apply methods that really achieve the goals you want with your pet. And I believe that his book would also be ideal for remedial training in older dogs, because I have a good friend who tried it out for the same purpose and was very happy with the results on his rouge boxer dog 'Max'.

No comments:

Post a Comment